Current Release : v1.3
What is GSFTP ?
With GSFTP you can efficiently and reliably fetch and transmit files to any kind of Internet server using FTP or SFTP. The goal of GSFTP is to be simple and to the point. GSFTP will work with servers running on Windows and Unix. GSFTP includes what you need wrapped in an efficient and easy to use interface.
Try GSFTP, and let us know what you think. GSFTP's feature list includes:
GSFTP is a new breed of FTP/SFTP client that makes managing remote files a breeze.
- Mac and PC compatible
- Supports secure and standard FTP
- SFTP - all data is encrypted
- Multiple connections per browser
- Fully multithreaded - Work while you transfer files !
- Directory listings are cached for quick access
- Easy to use Bookmark manager
- Powerful bookmarking
- Bookmarks can contain both a local and remote home path
|GSFTP running on Mac OS X||GSFTP running on Windows XP|
"If you want an easy, usable, good looking FTP client that does what it is intended to do then go for GSFTP..."
- WindowsForum.org Review
"Ive used GSFTP since its 1.0 release, and I really love it. Its simple, does the job, and works perfectly! Great app!"
- David Munch
Let us know what you think ?
Awards and Reviews
WindowsForum.org rated GSFTP Superb! ( 4.9/5 ) !
Mac OS X v10.2 or higher
Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment v1.4 or higher
- Added support for Windows
- If user cancels reg enter we no longer close the main nag.
- Default local home folder is now the Desktop on win/mac
- Set Permissions panel now hides when user clicks apply
- Removed elipse from Disconnect menu item
- Added rename to the popup menu
- Added Preference Panel
- Spaced registration panel buttons better - no more overlapping
- Bookmark manager now disables all the data entry fields when no bookmarks exist
- Bookmark code has been changed. Bookmark file format is now an xml document.
- Changed data folder to GSFTP ( no longer Gideon )
- About panel is now clean
- Browser drop down now shows the correct image for hard drives
- No longer have to select the remote file view to click Disconnect.
- Rename is no longer Cmd-W
- We no longer draw open folder in drop down
- Fixed bug copy url to clipboard would return null for A:\ and D:\
- Localized the login, registration, error, Get Info, Set Permissions panels
- Transfer menu now works
- Tidied up special, help menu
- Owner group date fields are now set to -- if no data
- get info name panel icon is now raised a smig
- apply to enclosed is now to the right a little more
- removed default strings from get info panel - general area
- Recoded the Get Info panel population code to be more tolerant of null items
- Added icons for hd, floppy and rem media
- Added support for My Computer item under Windows
- updated to edtftpj v1.4.5
- FIXED : show bm window ; hide ; show again - exception
- FIXED : create new bm ; enter data ; create even newer bm ; original lost.
- FIXED : Create a new bm - start editing ; close window - bm data not saved.
- FIXED : Cancelling a rename resulted in an Exception
- FIXED : Cancelling a reg enter resulted in an Exception
Download ( Click your OS logo )
|Mac OS X
|Windows ( see note below )
Note : Windows users will have to install the latest Java Runtime ( at least v1.4+ ). You can download the Sun JVM here.
Mac OS X contains the runtime as part of the OS.
GSFTP is Shareware and costs $18.00 US. Click here to go to our purchase page.
Click to Send Feedback On GSFTP
Desktop Bundle - Dock-It - FileXaminer - GSFTP - Secure Shell Helper - Snard - Snippet Monkey - xBack
Home - About Gideon Softworks
Web Site (c) Copyright 2001-2009 Gideon Softworks, Inc.